“I’ve found Catherine’s small-ensemble lessons to be an excellent complement to solo study. They’ve helped me hone my tuning, listening, and sight-reading skills and become a more complete flute player. The small-ensemble repertoire is interesting and varied, and Catherine creates a supportive environment that makes playing with other flutists fun and rewarding.”
“…the experience and knowledge I’ve gained stands out at the top of my music education. Not only did we learn the nuances of tuning in an ensemble, but we improved our musicianship and learned performance tips that make playing in an ensemble much more enjoyable. I have already signed up for the next session!”
“About a year ago I was able to join four more experienced flutists to form the quintet. Ensemble playing has enhanced my playing especially in the areas of tuning awareness, listening skills, and performance. “
LeGrand Flute Studio 2017 Summer Flute Ensemble Classes
- Learn while playing music with other flutists!
- Improve your tuning and sight-reading!
- Keep your skills up over the summer!
- Attend one, several or all sessions!
- Try your skills on alto and bass flute!
- For intermediate and advanced flutists.
- Attendees will play a variety of flute music (music provided) in small ensembles. Depending on class size, we’ll play flute choir music, quartets or trios. Try your skills on alto and bass flute!
- Maximum enrollment for each session: 7 participants.
- 48 hour advance registration REQUIRED for each class. Early enrollment encouraged.
- $25/class–$20/class rate for classes prepaid by May 30, 2017.
- $100/unlimited attendance. Registration deadline is May 30 for unlimited attendance.
- Location: Convenient south Durham location.
Monday evenings, 7:15-8:45 pm
- June 26
- July 10
- July 17
- July 24
- July 31
- August 7
To enroll or for more information contact Catherine LeGrand: email@example.com or (919) 403-6152.